Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere

As I said when I started "I love the hunt!" Recently I got a call to come look at a collection that was inherited by the son of a musician. His father was a drummer in the Central Valley of CA and had passed about 5 years earlier. The collection was about 1000+ records mostly common titles in average shape. It wasn't of much interest as although well loved by his father it was not well cared for since. Many of the titles we very common although good musician stuff. Cream, Hendrix, Blue Cheer, Jeff Beck, Beatles, Santana, etc. Then I came across one that didn't quite fit with the rest. A Mono white label promo of The 13th Floor Elevators Easter Everywhere. My eyes glazed over with psychedelic visions of this listening to this classic gem when I got back to my record room. Although not the perfect copy of this rare gem which in mint shape goes for $1200+ on an average day, it was still a great find.I have posted the four pictures of the front and back cover, white promo label, and very rare inner sleeve. Side One Track !: Slip Inside This House is an almost 8 minute masterpiece and cornerstone of psychedelic music. I paid a fair price to the boy in memory of his father and was on my way home straight away to dim the lights and listen in the hallows of my rock and roll haven!                                                      




No comments:

Post a Comment